The current year 2023 is very diffuse in design; it is unlikely that it will be possible to find clear boundaries. Mixtures abound in living rooms too. It’s the most extensive place for the designer's actions, where the owner can realize all his fantasies, accumulated in his thoughts over the years, into reality.
He himself can take part in the design, which will be very useful.
Key ideas for this area
Check out these top-rated guidelines from top designers:
- Try to stick to certain geometric shapes without sharp corners. This will increase the overall level of security, but at the same time diversify and blur general concepts, pairing certain dissimilar styles.
- Clear zoning is also the main idea. Moreover, you can use not only colors and lines, but also lighting. The more hints at the purpose of a particular zone, the better it will look from the outside.
- Try to use different combinations of natural materials. Yes, it will look like a house from the late Middle Ages, but it looks very trendy. Especially if such a wall is braided with real living plants.
- Water is the element of 2023, so a variety of fountains, waterfalls and aquariums will look very good. But try to do everything safely so that the leak does not damage the rest of the finish.
- Using a variety of brushed bronze and aluminum in the living room will make it look like a spaceship interior. In an era when everyone is talking about the conquest of Mars, this is very important.
These are just the main directions, but the details will be told by your personal designer. If you go into details, then it will lead to certain decisions. It is better to work together with a specialized master.
What else can be taken into account
You can even come up with your own style if you deem it necessary. Nobody has the right to dictate to you what your living room will look like in 2023. Try to use common sense, ideas from other designers, and your own preferences to come to a definite conclusion. Over time, you yourself will create your own unique room, decorating it with things that are dear to your heart.